peak (plural peaks)
- A point; the sharp end or top of anything that terminates in a point; as, the peak, or front, of a cap.
- (geography) The top, or one of the tops, of a hill, mountain, or range, ending in a point; often, the whole hill or mountain, esp. when isolated; as, the Peak of Teneriffe.
- (nautical) The upper aftermost corner of a fore-and-aft sail; -- used in many combinations; as, peak-halyards, peak-brails, etc.
- (nautical) The narrow part of a vessel"s bow, or the hold within it.
- (nautical) The extremity of an anchor fluke; the bill.
- (mathematics) For sine waves, the point at which the value of y is at its maximum.
4 letters in word "peak": A E K P.
No anagrams for peak found in this word list.
Words found within peak: